Saturday, June 30, 2012

26 days to go.

How to have a heart attack. A week ago I was told by the shipper that my bike would be picked up from the local Harley dealer between  the 28th and 30th of June so being cautious I rode it in on the 26th. Then over the next few days the pickup changed by email to the 2nd, 4th, 7th and 9th July. They also informed me that it would take 21 days to deliver the bike to LA! Thinking the bike would be eight days late I called to say (very forcefully) that it must arrive on or before the 23rd. The shipper said calmly it would be no problem. Have you ever had that said just before they say oops?

I will hear from the shipper on Monday if they will guarantee delivery but the only real alternative is to ride the bike to LA myself and in doing so losing my air ticket, extra cost of hotels, fuel wear and tear etc. I would have to leave on July 16th and it would take 5 days of very hard riding. I would rather have that than my son Ross telling me "But dad you yelled at me about the my bike arriving on time so many times and you screwed up" Well fingers and  toes are crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment