Sunday, July 22, 2012

4 Days & 19 hours to go.

My bags are packed and I fly out to Los Angeles tomorrow at 10am. I have a six hour layover in Chicago but I love to people watch and Chicago is great for that. Chicago is the second largest airport in the U.S.A. and fifth largest in the world. (Who said this was not educational.)
Ross and the boys held a party in Sydney last night to celebrate the big trip. They  raised over four hundred dollars for the Puffin Magic foundation and I gather one or two drinks. They all leave Sydney on Tuesday (their time.)
My bags are packed and the helmet and leather coat are going as hand carry so that if United Airlines loses my bag I can still ride. I arrive Monday and stay with Susan's twenty fifth cousin twice removed,  Ann Greene,  who is putting the four of us up in LA and running us around. On Tuesday we have to pick the boys up from the airport, get gas (petrol to you anglophiles) get Ross' bike out of customs, fill it with gas, buy two bikes for the boys, get some wet weather gear, get my bike, fill it with gas and fix some parts on Ross' bike. Wednesday and Thursday are to do what has not been done on Tuesday, pack the bikes and get ready to ride. I have a feeling the boys might sneak out to Disneyland on Thursday if all is ready. I think I will lay by the pool.

Funny aside. The four riders from Syracuse relate  to the movie Wild Hogs. If you know the movie one is a little cool, one is being yelled at by his wife for riding (a little) one is a little absent minded and one sensible. There are more similarities with my friends which I will describe another day. These Wild Hogs have been referring to the boys as "the piglets" for their ages. Very funny. The boys  apparently refer to me as "the old man riding the tractor" Wait till we have ridden four hundred miles and see what they have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment