Sunday, August 20, 2017

4,651 RJM total miles (7,485 Kilometers)
6 days RJM riding to New Mexico
2,476 RJM solo miles (3,985 km)(plus ride to Meadville PA 8/18/17 after lunch)
413 miles (665 km) average per day RJM solo ride

2,175 (3,500 kl) Hog trip miles (Note: Mark T less 50 miles (80 km) for truck travel.
Buffalo boys less the distance from Buffalo to Syracuse)
8 days riding with Hogs
272 miles (438 km) average per day for Hogs

Filled bike 23 times (23 Au) on total trip
$301 ($381Au) spent on gas
Used 109.5 US gallons (91 Au gallons, 415 liters)
Average 42 mpg (50 mpg Au, 5.6 liters/100 kilometers)
Paid average of US $2.75 per gallon
Paid between $2.50 to $3.10 per gallon US
Previous Hogs trips 42 to 45 mpg




Quotes from the 2017 ride (The great thing is I only put in quotes that do not pick on me.)

On relating to Mark T’s riding so far this year – “Mark T has ridden only 80 miles this year”. I said "on each of three bikes or total". Mark T just said "#%&*"

Mike “I will use my navigation once I work out how”

The expression on Mark’s face when I suggested he allow his lovely wife to use his IPhone location on her app.

Kevin to Mark S “I told you to bring rubbers not rubber bands.” (Mark used numerous rubber bands to hold his iPhone on his handle bars)

Hog rider to Dudley & Little Dudley. “Have you done lubing each other up”

Remark to Mark T about his off road experience - “Was it this bike?” Answer from Tug "Yes but it had a different motor."

Mark T comment on Harley dealer “They don't open until 9 so we don't have to leave early.”

Kevin “I'm not using that $300 rain suit even if it rains”

New name for Mike – “gas cap”

Comment to Mark T “You are just a coat whore”

Waitress – “One other custom did not like the ribs”

Tug “It was just a reaction to the ribs landing in my lap” (On being falsely accused of a temper tantrum.)

Mark T “Mike has a girl’s arse and Tug has a girl’s bike”

Tug to a well-wisher at lunch stop - “Nice day for riding.”  Tug - “Yes I wish we were.”

Mark T on his ride to the Harley dealer - “The truck was air conditioned and very comfortable” (Unlike his usual U Haul truck)

Mark S to kitchen hand opening plastic bag of eggs “Is that why the eggs taste bad?” Her snippy reply "you don't have to eat them"

Receptionist on reply to asking them to fix noisy air conditioner the night before “We can fix that air conditioner today”

Mike said “I have to get up early to go and see my parents” (Most chuckled - OK all but one)

 
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment