Monday, August 7, 2017

 Day 5. 423 miles today. 2,114 so far. 173 miles to Santa Fe tomorrow via Las Vegas NM. Pretty country. Big storm stopped me for a couple of hours. I normally start riding at 7am and get a couple of hundred miles under my belt before lunch.  Finding good food is hard. Most is trucker food is cheap and plenty of it. Tonight I'm heading to a steak place across the road. Will try and sleep in tomorrow but there is always the "call of the road". Today the speed limit was 75 and not a lot of traffic but a lot of trucks. Some road work but no delays. Also noticed there were no dead animals along the road as there is up north.
 Big Texan where the gang will spend the first night of our trip

A waiter. Food was OK but wondering singers were a little strange.


 Off to main road to Las Vegas NM
 Straight but bumpy road
 Dam in the middle of no where.

 Not a lot of water but plenty of boats stored near the dam
The wide open plains. I stopped by an Antelope but by the time I got out my phone it ran off.

No comments:

Post a Comment