Friday, August 18, 2017

Day 16 August 18, 2017. 250 miles today. The day started off well with breakfast with Mike Wilson's mom and dad.  By 11pm we were minus 16 miles. Yes you guessed it another stop at Harley Davidson. This time Kevin's bike needed a new gear change lever. Worse news is the only Honda in the group has not had one problem. The day then just got worse. We had lunch about 2.30pm.

The day then just got worse. We had lunch about 2.30pm. We finished lunch, mounted the bikes and in two blocks I realized I had left my phone on the table. I thought I could pop back, get it and join the boys just down the street. The waitress said there was no phone so we had a little search but no luck. I rode out but no sign of the boys. I realized one of the guys had picked it up and was having a joke (some joke) with me.  I raced on thinking they had not stopped to wait for me. (i.e. I could have been dead in a ditch) After a while I realized they had taken a different route. I just followed the fastest route on my Garmin. I rang Susan as a back up plan in case the boys in fact did not have it.  

I arrived at the hotel, fired up my iPad and found the phone was at a truck stop between the lunch stop and where I was now in Meadville PA. It was stationery so I called Mark T who told me he was in a different town than I had on my map. I then called my phone and Mark answered. He had my phone. Turns out they had taken the wrong route and that is why I did not catch them. I arrived an hour and and half before them. When they arrived at 8pm they were adamant it was all my fault.  Tomorrow is the last day. They predict some rain so let's hope they are wrong. 

 Relaxing at the Harley location waiting for repairs again.
 Guess who found the air conditioning.
 The guys gather around the best bike again.
 Our only Honda rider felt lonely and had to seek out similar company.
This time we lined up the bikes from right to left - Best bike first. (Oh guess who.)

No comments:

Post a Comment