Thursday, August 17, 2017

Day 15. August 17, 2017. 245 miles today. I broke the 4,000 barrier now 4,118 for this trip. We dodged rain all day. Mike W and Mark T share riding lead and they do a great job.  (Although I will deny it if asked) Working out the route, watching the weather, watching for idiot car and truck drivers and looking out for stuff on the road as well as gas stops and points of interest. Safety is the big key. I ride last and stop overtaking traffic as well as holding the lane until all the guys are in the same lane. I am also in charge of giving dirty looks to drivers on cell phones.  With my helmet on and hiding my face I look 25 and a very nasty piece of work.

Forgot to mention the other famous person who lived in Zanesville. Diana Wilson. Mike's mother and father live 20 miles south of here too.  The only trouble with bikes today was mine as would not start straight away twice. Will have it looked at when I get home. Kevin's bike has a gear shift issue but Mark (Honda rider) fixed it. Two days more of riding and one night in hotel. We have a short hop to Meadville PA - just 203 miles. Hopefully no rain.

 Guess who this grandchild looks like?
The famous grandchildren were asked to pick out the best bike and point to it. No coercion. They immediately went to the best bike! Amazing.

 Zanesville
 Coloring in is a challenge for some. Keeping inside the lines can be hard.
 Time for a drink.
 Big horns
 Zanesville.

No comments:

Post a Comment